Advancing Care Information (ACI) is a new program from the Centers for Medicare & Medicate Services (CMS) that falls under the terms of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
This new ACI program pledges to support simpler, more connected, less burdensome technology, and will replace the Meaningful Use incentive program for physicians participating in the Medicare program.
Among other things, ACI aims to:
- Allow physicians to select the measures that reflect how technology best suits their day-to-day practice,
- Simplify the process for achievement,
- Provide multiple paths for success,
- Emphasize interoperability, information exchange, and security measures.
- 6 Reasons Why You Need a Modern Integration Engine
- 5 Reasons You’re Failing At Healthcare Interoperability